Chandler Jones was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (21st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Chandler Jones was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (21st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (14/13, 2/1)
- Earned the starting job at right end out of training camp.
- Was inactive due to injury at Miami (12/2) and at N.Y. Jets (11/22).
- Sustained an ankle injury in the first quarter of Patriots win vs. Indianapolis (11/18) and did not return.
- Picked up his sixth sack of the year, had four tackles and defensed one pass in win at St. Louis (10/28).
- Had a season-high nine tackles and the first two-sack game of his career, including a forced fumble that was recovered by the Patriots at Seattle (10/14).
- Won NFL Rookie of the Month for September after finishing the month with 19 tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles. Jones’ three sacks were the most by a Patriots rookie through the first four games since 1993 (Chris Slade, 5). Joined Jerod Mayo (October of 2008) as the only Patriots to be named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month.
- Started and picked up six tackles including 1 sack for 5 yards in the win at Buffalo (9/30).
- Started and registered five tackles vs. Arizona (9/16). Also forced a fumble in the second quarter that was recovered by Tavon Wilson.
- Started at defensive end in his first NFL game and recorded six tackles including a strip sack fumble that was recovered by the Dont’a Hightower and returned for a score in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9).
- All-Big East First Team selection as a senior in 2011.
- All-Big East Second Team selection as a junior in 2010.
- Earned three letters.
- Phil Steele’s All-Big East Third Team selection as a junior.
- Member of the 2010 Spring Athletic Director’s Honor Roll.