CAREER TRANSACTONS Chandler Jones
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (21st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (16/16, 2/2)
2012 (14/13, 2/1)
- Started all 16 regular-season games and posted 82 tackles, 11½ sacks, one forced fumble, added one fumble recovery for his first career touchdown and blocked a field goal.
- Became the first Patriots player with five-plus sacks in each of his first two seasons since Chris Slade in 1993 (9) and 1994 (9½).
- The 11½ sacks in 2013 were fourth-most in team history, tied for third most in the AFC and seventh overall in the NFL.
- Posted three two-sack games:
- Week 2 vs. N.Y. Jets
- Week 7 at N.Y. Jets
- Week 9 vs. Pittsburgh
- Started both playoff contests and made three tackles.
- Started and registered two sacks for a combined 16 yards vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12).
- Was in on multiple sacks for the second straight game, combining on two ½ sacks for 4½ yards lost vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Had two sacks and a career-high 11 tackles at N.Y. Jets (10/20).
- Blocked a 39-yard field goal attempt vs. Miami (10/27) with 2:51 remaining to help thwart a Dolphins comeback attempt. It was the first blocked field goal since Oct. 4, 2010, also against Miami. Also made seven tackles.
- Compiled six tackles and his third two-sack game of the season vs. Pittsburgh (11/3).
- Named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for November after he registered 16 total tackles and four sacks in the team’s three November games to push his season total to 10½ sacks for the year.
- Scored the first touchdown of his career at Baltimore (12/22) after an errant shotgun snap squibbed into the end zone and Jones pounced on the loose ball for the score.
- Earned the starting job at right end out of training camp and went on to start 13 of the 14 games he played in, making 48 tackles, six sacks, forced three fumbles and five passes defensed.
- Played in both playoff games with one start vs. Houston (1/13) and made two tackles.
- Won NFL Rookie of the Month for September after finishing the month with 19 tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles. Jones’ three sacks were the most by a Patriots rookie through the first four games since 1993 (Chris Slade, five). Joined Jerod Mayo (October of 2008) as the only Patriots to be named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month.
- Sustained an ankle injury in the first quarter of Patriots win vs. Indianapolis (11/18) and did not return.
- Was inactive due to injury at Miami (12/2) and at N.Y. Jets (11/22).
- Picked up his sixth sack of the year, had four tackles and defensed one pass in won at St. Louis (10/28).
- Had a season-high nine tackles and the first two-sack game of his career, including a forced fumble that was recovered by the Patriots at Seattle (10/14).
- Started and registered five tackles vs. Arizona (9/16). Also forced a fumble in the second quarter that was recovered by Tavon Wilson.
- Started at defensive end in his first NFL game and recorded six tackles including a strip sack fumble that was recovered by the Dont’a Hightower and returned for a score in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9).
- All-Big East First Team selection as a senior in 2011.
- All-Big East Second Team selection as a junior in 2010.
- Earned three letters.
- Phil Steele’s All-Big East Third Team selection as a junior.
- Member of the 2010 Spring Athletic Director’s Honor Roll.
- Against West Virginia as a senior, earned Big East Defensive Player of the Week honors after recording six solo tackles, including two sacks for a loss of 19 yards, and broke up a pass.
HONORS & AWARDS 2012
- Son of Camille and Arthur Jones.
- Has two brothers, including Arthur, a fifth-round NFL Draft selection by the Baltimore Ravens in 2010, who was a Syracuse defensive tackle, and Jon “Bones” Jones, a UFC fighter.
- Majored in child and family studies in the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics.
- Born in February 27, 1990 in Rochester, N.Y.
- NFL Rookie of the Month (September)
- AFC Defensive Player of the Month (November)
- Has two brothers, including Arthur, a defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts and former fifth-round NFL Draft selection by the Baltimore Ravens in 2010 out of Syracuse and Jon “Bones” Jones, a UFC fighter.