Josh Barrett was claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots from Denver on Aug. 6, 2010 ... Originally drafted by Denver in the seventh round (220th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft ... Waived by Denver (8/30/08) ... Signed by Denver to the practice squad (8/31/08) ... Signed by Denver to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (11/22/08) ... Waived by Denver (8/5/10). SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0)
2011 (5/4, 0/0)
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a groin injury on Aug. 27, 2012.
2010 (0/0, 0/0)
- Appeared in five games with four starts while making 14 tackles and three stops on special teams.
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a calf injury on Nov. 9, 2011.
- Played and started his first game as a Patriot, making four solo tackles at Miami (9/12).
2009 (14/0 – Denver)
- Placed on injured reserve on Aug. 31, 2010 with a shoulder injury that was suffered while with Denver during the preseason.
- Claimed off waivers by the Patriots on Aug. 6 after being waived by Denver.
2008 (6/3 – Denver)
- Played in 14 games and registered two solo tackles on defense and finished with eight special-teams stops.
- Saw limited action as a backup on defense with the majority of his playing time on special teams.
- Spent the first 11 weeks of his rookie season on the practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster on Nov. 22.
- Played in six games and started the final three games at safety.
- Finished the season with 23 total tackles, one interception and four passes defensed.
- Also registered five special teams tackles.
- Posted 174 tackles (121 solo), six interceptions, three sacks, 17 passes defensed, four fumble recoveries and one forced fumble in 47 career games at Arizona State.
- Received honorable mention All-Pacific-10 Conference honors as a junior after leading the team in tackles (82) and interceptions (3) as a 13-game starter.
- Attended Reno High School in Reno, Nev., where he was selected the Northern Class 4A Player of the Year as a senior.
- Garnered first-team all-region honors at wide receiver, defensive back and return specialist.
- Father, Grieg, played basketball at Nevada, and his cousin, Jerald Moore, played running back with the St. Louis Rams (1996-98) and New Orleans Saints (2000)
- Enrolled in the NFL Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program at Harvard Business School during the 2011 offseason. The program is one of NFL Player Engagement's initiatives to assist players in preparing for their post-playing careers.