CAREER TRANSACTIONS Marquice Cole
was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Oct. 7, 2013 ... Originally signed by Oakland as a rookie free agent (5/4/07) … Waived by Oakland (9/1/07) … Signed by Tennessee to the practice squad (12/11/07) … Waived by Tennessee from the practice squad (8/30/08) … Signed by New Orleans to the practice squad (12/10/08) … Signed by N.Y. Jets (2/17/09) … Waived by N.Y. Jets (9/14/09) … Signed by N.Y. Jets to the practice squad (9/16/09) … Signed by N.Y. Jets to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/23/09) ... Signed by New England as a free agent (3/19/12) Signed by NewEngland as an unrestricted free agent (3/20/13) ... Released by New England (9/27/13) ... Signed by New England as a free agent (10/1/13) ... Released by New England (10/4/13). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (10/0)
- Made the first start of his career in 2010 vs. Buffalo (1/2/11) and registered career-highs in tackles (5), interceptions (2), passes defensed (3) and scored the first touchdown of his career when he returned his first interception 35 yards for a score.
2012 (14/1, 2/0)
- Appears mainly on special teams and as a reserve defensive back on defense.
- Accumulated his first two special teams tackles of the season vs. New Orleans (10/13).
- Saw extensive action on defense at N.Y. Jets (10/20) and made three tackles.
- Recorded his first interception of the season vs. Miami (10/27) when Devin McCourty tipped an errant Ryan Tannehill pass back into the field of play where in was hauled in by Cole. The turnover resulted in a Patriots touchdown. Also made one tackle.
2011 (14/0 – N.Y. Jets)
- Appeared in 14 regular season contests, making one start and finished the season with 12 tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles.
- Played in both playoff games and compiled four tackles and four special teams tackles.
- Was inactive at N.Y. Jets (11/22). and vs. Miami (12/30).
- Started his first game of the season as the nickel defensive back in the win at Jacksonville (12/23), had a season-high five tackles and his first interception of the year.
- Tallied a career playoff high four tackles vs. Baltimore (1/20).
- Played in 14 games, recording three tackles, one fumble recovery and 11 special teams tackles.
- Recovered his first career fumble vs. Miami (10/17).
2010 (12/1, 3/0 – N.Y. Jets)
- Appeared in 12 games with one start, finishing with 10 tackles, seven passes defensed, two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown and a career-high 14 special teams tackles.
- Played in all three postseason games.
- Made the first start of his career vs. Buffalo (1/2) and registered career-highs in tackles (5), interceptions (2), passes defensed (3) and scored the first touchdown of his career when he returned his first interception 35 yards for a score.
2009 (11/0, 3/0 – N.Y. Jets)
- Played in 11 games, appearing primarily on special teams, recording 11 tackles.
- Saw action on defense and finished the season with one tackle, one quarterback hit and one pass defensed.
- Began the season on the practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster on Sept. 23.
- Went to training camp with Tennessee but was released prior to the start of the season.
- Signed to the New Orleans practice squad on Dec. 10, 2008.
- Went to training camp with Oakland after signing with the Raiders as a rookie free agent.
- Was released by Oakland prior to the start of the regular season and joined the Tennessee practice squad on Dec. 11, 2007.
- Four-year letter winner at Northwestern, finishing career with 114 tackles, seven interceptions and one sack in 43 games; also averaged 13.8 yards per punt return, including one touchdown.
- Named to the Thorpe Award (top defensive back) preseason watch list before his senior season.
- A two-time all-conference, all-area and all-state selection at Hillcrest (Ill.) High School.
- Saw action in all three phases of the game, registering 71 tackles, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown on defense, 19 receptions for 392 yards and five touchdowns on offense and scored five touchdowns, three kickoff returns and two punt returns, on special teams.
- Played wide receiver, kicker, punter, running back and kickoff/punt returner.
- Born Nov. 13, 1983 in Hazel Crest, Ill.