The New England Patriots selected DB Nate Ebner with the 197th overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Nate Ebner was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (197th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (15/0, 2/0)
- Appears mainly on special teams and as a reserve on defense.
- Inactive due to injury vs. Miami (12/30).
- Made his pro debut, making two special teams tackles and played in a reserve role on defense in the win at Tennessee (9/9).
- A world-class rugby player who joined Ohio State as a walk-on in 2009.
- Did not play high school football.
- Finished his career at Ohio State on scholarship.
- Voted by his teammates as the team’s most inspirational player and presented with the Bo-Rein Award at the end of the 2011 season.
- Son of Nancy Pritchett and the late Jeff Ebner.
- Majored in Exercise Science.
- 2009 Big Ten all-academic.
- A standout on the United States U19 and U20 national teams for rugby from 2006-08.
- In 2006 at age 17, youngest player ever to play in National 7’s.
- MVP of the Rugby World Cup in 2008 as a member of the U20 team.
- Did not play football at Hilliard Davidson High.