Nick McDonald was signed from the Patriots practice squad to the 53-man roster on Dec. 3, 2011 ... Originally signed by the Patriots to the practice squad on Sept. 16, 2011 …Originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent (4/30/10) ... Waived by Green Bay (9/3/11) ... Signed to the Patriots Practice squad (9/5/11) ... Released by the Patriots (9/15/11).
Nick McDonald was signed from the Patriots practice squad to the 53-man roster on Dec. 3, 2011 ... Originally signed by the Patriots to the practice squad on Sept. 16, 2011 …Originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent (4/30/10) ... Waived by Green Bay (9/3/11) ... Signed to the Patriots Practice squad (9/5/11) ... Released by the Patriots (9/15/11).SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (13/1, 0/0)
- Was inactive for both postseason games.
- Appears as a reserve along the offensive line and as tackle-eligible tight end in short yardage situations.
- Inactive due to injury vs. Hosuton (12/10).
- Stepped in at right guard after Dan Connolly left with an injury in the win at Miami (12/2).
- Started at right guard for the first time in 2012 in place of injured Dan Connolly in win vs. Indianapolis (11/18).
- Came on in the second half to replace and injured Logan Mankins at left guard in the win vs. Buffalo (11/11).
- Saw significant playing time at right guard of the overtime win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/21) after Dan Connolly left the game after the first series with an illness.
- Made his first appearance of the season on special teams vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Was inactive due to injury for season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9) and at Baltimore (9/23).
2011 (4/2, 1/0)
- Played in four games with two starts on the offensive line.
- Was inactive against the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI when Sebastian Vollmer returned to action from injury (2/5).
- Saw action as a reserve on special teams in the Divisional playoff game against the Broncos (1/14) as well as the AFC Championship against the Ravens (1/22).
- Played in a reserve role against the Dolphins (12/24) and Bills (1/1).
- Was inactive against the Broncos (12/18).
- Started at center against the Redskins (12/11).
- Made his first career start at center in his first NFL game in the Patriots’ win over Indianapolis (12/4) .
2010 (0/0, 0/0 - Green Bay)
- Made the 53-man roster but was inactive for all 16 regular-season games and four postseason games.
- Played in 44 games with 29 starts at Grand Valley State.
- Named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year as a senior.
- Started all 15 games at left tackle as a senior and earned first-team All-American honors from the American Football Coaches Association and named an Associated Press Little All-American.
- Helped lead Grand Valley State to the Division II National Championship game as a senior in 2009.
- Named second-team All Conference as a junior.
- Born June 27, 1987.
- Credits family friend Gail Joseph as an inspiration in his life after she took him in at age 14 after his mother passed away from cancer.
- Named All-Macomb Area Conference in final two seasons at Henry Ford High School in Sterling Hills, Mich., where his jersey is retired.
- Earned a degree in Criminal Justice.