Ras-I Dowling was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft... Placed on injured reserve (10/29/11).
Ras-I Dowling was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (6/0, 0/0)
2011 (2/2, 0/0)
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a thigh injury on Oct. 27, 2012.
- Was active but did not play vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Saw action in a reserve role and posted four tackles including one tackle for loss in the win at Tennessee (9/9).
- Started the first two games of his career at Miami (9/12) and vs. San Diego (9/18) before being placed on injured reserve with a hip injury on Oct. 29, 2011.
- Started his first NFL game at cornerback, making two tackles against the Dolphins (9/12).
- Started 25-of-40 games at right cornerback for Virginia, recording 160 tackles (115 solos) with a six-yard sack and 7½ stops for losses of 24 yards.
- Gained 34 yards on a punt return lateral and 87 yards on eight interceptions. Also defensed 29 passes.
- Became the 11th player in school history to lead the team in interceptions in consecutive seasons (2007-08).
- In 2007, he became the first true freshman since Jerton Evans in 1999 to lead the Cavaliers in interceptions.
- Born Ras-I Luis Dowling on May, 9, 1988 in Chesapeake, Va., son of Juliette and Larry Dowling.
- Attended Deep Creek (Chesapeake, Va.) High School, competing at football and track (sprinter) and lettering twice in basketball, twice receiving All-District accolades.
- Played football at Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, Va.) in 2006.
- All-City first-team and All-District second-team honors as a senior.
- As a senior, Dowling competed as a DB and WR, in addition to seeing some playing time at QB.
- Made 60 tackles with two interceptions and caught 14 passes for 255 yards, including four touchdowns in 2005.
- Graduated in December 2010 with a degree in Sociology