CAREER TRANSACTIONS Tavon Wilson
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (48th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (6/0)
2012 (16/4, 2/0)
- Plays mainy on special teams.
- Was inactive due to injury at Cincinnati (10/6) and vs. New Orleans (10/13).
- Played in all 16 regular season games and made four starts, compiling 48 tackles, four interceptions, two fumble recoveries, six passes defensed and seven special teams tackles.
- Appeared as a reserve in both postseason contests and tallied three tackles.
- Intercepted his fourth pass of the season vs. Indianapolis (11/18). Also made one tackle.
- Started four consecutive games at safety in place of an injured Steve Gregory (10/7-10/28).
- Made his first career start at safety in place of an injured Steve Gregory and registered a career-high 10 tackles vs. Denver (10/7).
- Appeared as a reserve on defense and made three tackles in the win at Buffalo (9/30). Also intercepted his second pass of the season and recovered his second fumble of the year.
- Played on defense as a reserve and recorded a takeaway in his second straight game when he recovered a fumble vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Appeared in his first NFL game made his first interception as a pro on a tipped pass in the end zone in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9). Also made five tackles in a reserve role.
- Honorable Mention All-Big Ten in 2010 and 2011.
- Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree in 2010.
- Son of Darlene Williams.
- Born on March 19, 1990.
- Majored in communications.
- Wilson’s four interceptions in 2012 were one more than the total he had during his college career at Illinois.