CAREER TRANSACTIONSWill Allen
was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from Miami on March 21, 2012 ... Originally drafted by the New York Giants in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft ... Signed by Miami as an unrestricted free agent from the New York Giants (3/20/06) ... Released by Miami (9/3/11) ... Signed by Miami (9/14/11).CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0)
- Returned a pick a career-long 32 yards for his first career touchdown at Denver (11/2) in 2008.
- Started all 16 games in 2007 and was named to the Sports Illustrated All-Pro team after totaling 62 tackles, two sacks, one interception, 14 passes defensed and two forced fumbles as part of the NFL's fourth best pass defense with Miami.
- Tied for the second-most fumble recoveries in the NFL in 2006, with fumble recoveries at Pittsburgh (9/7), vs. Jacksonville (12/3) and vs. New England (12/10).
- Blocked a field goal in overtime at the N.Y. Jets (11/2) in an eventual Giants win in 2003.
2011 (15/6 – Miami)
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a knee injury on Aug. 27, 2012.
- Played in 15 games with six starts and finished with 39 tackles and three passes defensed.
2010 (0/0 – Miami)
2009 (6/6 – Miami)
- Missed the entire season after being placed on Injured Reserve (9/5) while recovering from a knee injury suffered during the 2009 season.
2008 (16/16, 1/1 – Miami)
- Played and started in six games before being placed on Injured Reserve (10/27) with a knee injury.
- Finished with 21 tackles, six passes defensed and two interceptions.
- Registered six tackles and one pass defensed at Atlanta (9/13).
- Posted two interceptions and three passes defensed vs. Buffalo (10/4).
2007 (16/16 – Miami)
- Started all 16 games, registering 50 tackles, one sack, 15 passes defensed and three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown.
- Started in a Wild Card game vs. Baltimore (1/4) and matched a playoff career-high with five tackles.
- Recorded four tackles, a pass defensed and a forced fumble at Houston (10/12).
- Registered three tackles and an interception vs. Buffalo (10/26).
- Had four tackles and one interception at Denver (11/2), returning the pick a career-long 32 yards for his first career touchdown.
- Posted five tackles and one sack vs. Oakland (11/16).
- Intercepted a pass in the end zone to end a late rally at Buffalo (12/7).
2006 (15/15 – Miami)
- Started all 16 games and was named to the Sports Illustrated All-Pro team after totaling 62 tackles, two sacks, one interception, 14 passes defensed and two forced fumbles as part of the NFL's fourth best pass defense.
- Posted a season-high six tackles at Washington (9/9) and matched that total at Buffalo (12/9).
- Had a season-high three passes defensed vs. the N.Y. Giants (10/28) in London.
- Recorded sacks and forced fumbles in back-to-back games at Pittsburgh (11/26) and vs. the N.Y. Jets (12/2).
2005 (16/16, 1/1 – N.Y. Giants)
- Started in all 15 games in which he appeared, finishing with 56 tackles, one sack, one interception, 11 passes defensed, three fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one special teams tackle.
- Forced a fumble vs. Tennessee (9/24).
- Posted eight tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and one forced fumble, which he returned for 11 yards at Houston (10/1).
- His three fumble recoveries, at Pittsburgh (9/7), vs. Jacksonville (12/3) and vs. New England (12/10), tied for second-most in the NFL.
2004 (16/16 – N.Y. Giants)
- Started all 16 games, totaling 70 tackles, 11 passes defensed, one fumble recovery, one forced fumble and four special teams tackles.
- Started the first round playoff game vs. Carolina (1/8/06), registering four tackles.
- Recorded a season-high nine tackles at Seattle, in addition to one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
2003 (12/12 – N.Y. Giants)
- Started all 16 games, totaling career-highs in tackles (81) and passes defensed (19) and added one interception, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Registered first career sack vs. Cleveland (9/26).
- Had one interception at Minnesota (10/31).
- Recorded a career-high 10 tackles in addition to one pass defensed vs. Philadelphia (11/28).
2002 (15/15, 1/1 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played and started 12 games before being placed on Injured Reserve (12/2).
- Posted 45 tackles, two interceptions, 14 passes defensed, a fumble recovery and two special teams tackles.
- Had interceptions at Washington (9/21) and vs. Philadelphia (10/19).
- Blocked a field goal in overtime at the N.Y. Jets (11/2) in an eventual Giants win.
- Recorded six tackles and one fumble recovery at Tampa Bay (11/24).
2001 (13/12, – N.Y. Giants)
- Started in all 15 games in which he appeared, totaling 62 tackles, one interception, 11 passes defensed and one special teams tackle.
- Started first round playoff game at San Francisco (1/5), registering five tackles.
- Registered five tackles and one interception in the season opener vs. San Francisco (9/5).
- Played in 13 games, starting 12, posting 42 tackles, 13 passes defensed, one fumble recovery, three special teams tackles and led the team with a career-high four interceptions.
- Tallied four tackles in his first career start at Kansas City (9/23).
- Recovered a fumble vs. Washington (10/7).
- Recorded his first career interception at Arizona (11/11).
- Posted five tackles and two interceptions at Minnesota (11/19).
- Registered five tackles, four passes defensed and an interception at Philadelphia (12/30).
- Three-year starter at Syracuse, where he started 28 of 43 games over his four-year career.
- Finished with 142 tackles, four interceptions and 39 passes defensed in addition to returning 37 kickoffs for a 22.7-yard average.
- Named to the All-Big East First-Team and was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation's top defensive back, as a senior after recording 41 tackles, two interceptions and 17 passes defensed.
- Two-time first-team all-conference cornerback and a first-team all-state selection as a senior at Corcoran High School in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Also ran track and finished third in the state with a time of 10.5 seconds in the 100-meter dash.
- Will and wife, Roshonda, have a daughter, Jasmine and two sons, Will Jr. and Blake.
- Majored in economics.