CAREER TRANSACTIONSAaron Dobson
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (59th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (12/9, 1/0)
- Played 12 regular-season games with nine starts and caught 37 passes for 519 yards and four touchdowns.
- His 519 yards receiving are the most by a Patriots rookie in the Belichick era.
- Recorded the team’s two longest receptions - and 81-yard touchdown vs. Pittsburgh (11/3) and a 53-yard catch-and-run at Cincinnati (10/6).
- Appeared as a reserve in the AFC Championship Game and caught two passes for 33 yards.
- Was inactive for the season opener at Buffalo (9/8), at Houston (12/1), vs. Cleveland (12/8), at Miami (12/15) and the Divisional Playoff vs. Indianapolis (1/11) due to injury.
- Caught a 39-yard touchdown pass on his first NFL play vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12). Finished with three receptions for 56 yards and the score.
- Made his first NFL start and caught seven passes for 52 yards vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Caught two passes for 49 yards at Cincinnati (10/6), including a career-long 53-yard reception in the fourth quarter that led to a field goal.
- Caught six passes for 63 yards vs. New Orleans (10/13), including a 6-yard reception on the game-winning drive in which Dobson efforted to get out of bounds to stop the clock.
- Caught five passes for a career-high 130 yards and two touchdowns vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), including an 81-yard score in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach. The 81-yard reception was the longest of any Patriot on the season.
- Started 36-of-47 games played in for Marshall.
- Ranks 10th on the school all-time-record list with 165 receptions.
- Finished his career ninth in school history with 2,398 yards receiving.
- His 24 touchdown catches tied Troy Brown (1991-92) for fourth on the Thundering Herd’s all-time record chart.
- Produced seven 100-yard receiving performances.
- Saw brief action on defense and special teams, where he recorded six tackles (three solos) and deflected one pass.
- General Studies major.
- Son of Angie and Bobby Dobson.
- Born July 23, 1991, and resides in Dunbar, W.V.
- Coming out of high school, Aaron Dobson was choosing between two paths -- football or basketball. Dobson was recruited to play hoops at Northeastern. He even visited the campus on a recruiting trip.
“I went up there and visited Northeastern coming out of high school actually, visited the basketball team,” Dobson said. “I actually liked Boston, liked it up there, liked the school. But I just ended up leaning toward Marshall for football.”