CAREER TRANSACTIONS Aqib Talib
was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent on March 16, 2013 … Originally drafted by Tampa Bay in the first round (20th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft ... Acquired by New England from Tampa Bay in a trade on along with a 2013 seventh round draft selection in exchange for a 2013 fourth round draft selection (11/1/12). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (13/13, 2/2)
- Recorded interceptions in three straight games in 2010, at Carolina (9/19), vs. Pittsburgh (9/26) and at Cincinnati (10/10); the third time in his career he posted interceptions in consecutive games.
- Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after tallying two interceptions, returning one for his first career touchdown at Arizona (10/31/10).
- Registered a career-high three interceptions at Washington (10/4/09).
- Returned his first interception in a Patriots uniform for a touchdown.
2012 (4/4 – Tampa Bay)
- Caused a single-game career high three turnovers, including a forced fumble and two fourth-quarter interceptions vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12). Also made two tackles.
- Intercepted a pass in his second straight game vs. Tampa Bay late in the second quarter (9/22) that led to a Patriots field goal. Also made five tackles.
- Intercepted a pass in his third consecutive game at Atlanta (9/29) that led to a New England field goal. Also made two tackles and defensed four passes.
- Started at cornerback vs. New Orleans (10/13) and primarily matched up with Saints tight end Jimmy Graham, holding him without a reception. Left with an injury during the third quarter and did not return.
- Was inactive due to injury at N.Y. Jets (10/20), vs. Miami (10/27) and vs. Pittsburgh (11/3).
- Returned after missing three games due to injury at Carolina (11/18) and broke up two passes.
- Elected to his first Pro Bowl.
- Compiled one tackle before leaving the AFC Championship Game at Denver (1/19) with a knee injury and did not return.
2012 (6/5, 2/2 – New England)
- Started all four games in which he played, recording 21 tackles, one interception and seven passes defensed.
- Posted eight tackles and a career-high four passes defensed at N.Y. Giants (9/16).
2011 (13/13 – Tampa Bay)
- Joined the Patriots mid-season in a trade with Tampa Bay and played in six regular season games with five starts. Compiled 19 tackles and an interception he returned 59 yards for a touchdown. Also defensed two passes and recovered a fumble.
- Started both postseason games and made 10 tackles and defensed one pass.
- Started in his first game as a Patriot and intercepted a second-quarter Andrew Luck pass and returned the pick 59 yards for a touchdown vs. Indianapolis (11/18). Also made seven tackles.
- Active but did not play in the regular-season finale win vs. Miami (12/30).
- Accumulated a team-high tying 10 tackles in the Divisional Playoff win vs. Houston (1/13), his first postseason game.
- Started at cornerback in the AFC Championship vs. Baltimore (1/20) but left in the first quarter with a thigh injury and did not return.
2010 (11/11 – Tamp Bay)
- Played and started 13 games, finishing with 42 tackles, two interceptions, both of which were returned for touchdowns, two forced fumbles and 13 passes defensed.
- Recorded four tackles, one interception and three passes defensed vs. Detroit (9/11), returning the interception 28 yards for his second career touchdown.
- Registered three tackles and one forced fumble at Minnesota (9/18).
- Tallied a forced fumble and an interception at Tennessee (11/27), returning the interception 27 yards for a touchdown.
2009 (15/15 – Tampa Bay)
- Played and started 11 games, registering 50 tackles, a career-high six interceptions, including one for a touchdown and 11 passes defensed before being placed on Injured Reserve (12/6) with a hip injury.
- Led the team with six interceptions despite appearing in only 11 games; total was fifth in the NFL and second in the NFC.
- Recorded interceptions in three straight games, at Carolina (9/19), vs. Pittsburgh (9/26) and at Cincinnati (10/10); the third time in his career he posted interceptions in consecutive games.
- Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after tallying two interceptions, returning one for his first career touchdown at Arizona (10/31).
- Posted a career-high nine tackles vs. Carolina (11/14).
- Registered five tackles and one interception at Baltimore (11/28).
2008 (15/2 – Tampa Bay)
- Played in 15 games, recording career-highs in starts (15), tackles (69), passes defensed (17) and fumble recoveries (one).
- Registered a career-high three interceptions at Washington (10/4).
- Posted interceptions in back-to-back games vs. New England (10/25) and vs. Green Bay (11/8).
- Played in 15 games with two starts, finishing with 27 tackles, four interceptions and 10 passes defensed.
- Recorded his first career interception vs. Atlanta (9/14).
- Registered interceptions in two straight games, vs. Carolina (10/12) and vs. Seattle (10/19).
- Played in 34 games with 32 starts and registered 162 tackles, 13 interceptions, two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and 43 passes defensed before entering the NFL Draft following his junior season.
- Finished his career second in school history with 13 interceptions and first in interception return yards with 322.
- A unanimous All-Big 12 Conference and consensus All-American first-team selection in 2007.
- Born Aqib Talib on Feb. 13, 1986 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Son of Okolo Talib and Theodore Henry.
- Has a daughter, Kiara and a son, Jabril.
- Majored in sociology.