Brandon Deaderick was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (247th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft ...Placed on Reserve/PUP (9/3/11) ... Activated to the 53-man roster (10/29/11)
Brandon Deaderick was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (247th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft ...Placed on Reserve/PUP (9/3/11) ... Activated to the 53-man roster (10/29/11)SEASONAL REVIEWS 2012 (14/5, 2/1)
2011 (10/5, 3/3)
- Utilized as part of the defensive line rotation.
- Started his fifth straight game at defensive tackle vs. Miami (12/30) and collected two tackles and his first sack of the season as part of a defense that collected a season-high seven sacks.
- Started his first game of the year at Miami (12/2), made two tackles and forced a fumble that was recovered by the Dolphins
- Inactive due to injury at Buffalo (9/30) and at Baltimore (9/23).
2010 (10/4, 1/1)
- Started five of the 10 games he played in, recording 20 tackles and two sacks on the season.
- Sacked Eli Manning for a two-yard loss on the first drive of Super Bowl XLVI against the Giants. Added one tackle (2/5).
- Made two tackles in a start at right defensive end in the AFC Championship against the Ravens (1/22).
- Started at defensive tackle and made two tackles in the Divisional playoff game against the Broncos (1/14).
- Started at right defensive end again, making one tackle against the Bills (1/1).
- Filled in for the injured Andre Carter at right defensive end, sacking Matt Moore for a 10-yard loss in the third quarter and making two tackles against the Dolphins (12/24).
- Started against the Broncos (12/18).
- Sacked Redskins QB Rex Grossman for a loss of three yards in the second quarter. Made four tackles in a reserve role (12/11).
- Made two tackles in a reserve role against the Colts (12/4).
- Played in a reserve role against the Eagles (11/27).
- Started against the Chiefs, making two tackles (11/21)
- Made one tackle in a reserve role against the Jets (11/13).
- Saw significant playing time against the Giants in his first start of the year, making six tackles (11/6).
- Played in his first game of the season, making two tackles against the Steelers in a reserve role on the defensive line (10/30).
- Placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform on Sept. 3, 2011.
- Was inactive for six games, playing in 10 with four starts. In his rookie season, recorded 17 tackles (12 solo) and two sacks.
- Played in a reserve role against the Colts (11/21) and Jets (12/6).
- Was inactive against the Lions (11/25).
- Started at defensive end against the Steelers recording two tackles (11/14).
- Made three tackles in a reserve role against the Browns (11/7).
- Tallied two tackles in a start against the Vikings (10/31).
- Made his second consecutive start and recorded his second straight game with a sack. He was credited with a 6-yard sack of QB Philip Rivers at the end of the third quarter to force San Diego into a third-and-long situation (10/24). Also credited with two stops.
- Made his first NFL start and was credited with his first career sack, after chasing Joe Flacco out of bounds on second down, setting up a third-and-9 that the Ravens did not convert and had to settle for a field goal (10/17). Also recorded five tackles.
- Played in his first NFL game, seeing time in the defensive line rotation against the Dolphins, registering two tackles (10/4).
- Was inactive for the first three games of the season.
- Started 31 of 44 career games at Alabama, and accumulated 82 total tackles and 8.0 sacks
- 2009 (Senior): Started 10 games as a senior...Tallied 23 tackles, including 4.4 tackles for loss…Recorded one sack…Won the Billy Neighbors Defensive Lineman Award during spring practice in 2009
- 2008 (Junior): Deaderick produced 36 tackles, seven quarterback hurries and four sacks in 14 starts at defensive end...Also had 5.5 tackles for loss (-25 yards)...Was the UA coaching staff's defensive player of the week at LSU...Received the team's Up-Front Award for the outstanding lineman
- 2007 (Sophomore): Had seven starts and appeared in all 13 games...Third among defensive linemen with 22 tackles, including two sacks, three tackles-for-loss and three quarterback pressures to his credit...Made a career-high five stops, including one for loss, against Louisiana Monroe...Had four tackles against Florida State...Registered his first sack of the season in the homecoming win over Houston...Finished with two tackles, a sack and a quarterback hurry against the Cougars...Added another sack and two tackles in the win at Ole Miss
- 2006 (Freshman): Appeared in seven games on the season, including in each of the last five...Recorded a tackle in back-to-back games against Mississippi State and LSU...Finished with two tackles on the year... Played 12 snaps against Hawaii and a season-high 13 at LSU...Finished with 56 total snaps…2005 (Redshirt): Redshirted his initial season.
- Prep star at Elizabethtown High School in Kentucky
- One of the top prospects in Kentucky despite an injury in his senior season that caused him to miss four games
- Led his team to a 12-3 finish and a spot in the Class 2A state title game
- Finished his senior year with seven sacks and averaged more than 10 tackles per game...Had 95 tackles as a junior en route to All-State honors...Also had 22 sacks in his junior season
- Ranked No. 45 on the Mobile (Ala.) Press Register's Super Southeast 120 chart
- Full name is Brandon Augustus Deaderick
- Born Aug. 19, 1987.