Brian Tyms, 25, was originally signed by the San Francisco 49ers as a rookie free agent out of Florida A&M in 2012 and spent that season on the 49ers practice squad. The 6-foot-3, 204 pounder started the 2013 season on Miami’s practice squad before being signed by the Cleveland Browns midseason. Tyms played in seven games for the Browns in 2013 and caught two passes for 12 yards.
2014 (11/2, 1/0)
2013 (7/0 - Cleveland)
- Inactive in the AFC Championship win vs. Indianapolis (1/18/15) and the Super Bowl XLIX win vs. Seattle (2/1/15).
- Made his postseason debut in the AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore (1/10/15).
- Started at wide receiver vs. Buffalo (12/28), recording a career-high four catches for 39 yards.
- Tackled punt returner Keenan Allen at the Chargers 10-yard line for no gain in the third quarter of the win at San Diego (12/7), netting 56 yards of field position.
- Made his first NFL start in the win at Indianapolis (11/16).
- Made his Patriots debut and caught his first touchdown pass in the win at Buffalo (10/12), a 43-yarder from Tom Brady in the third quarter.
- Inactive vs. Cincinnati (10/5).
- Suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the season.
2012 (0/0 - Miami, San Francisco)
- Played in seven games for Cleveland after being signed off Miami's practice squad on Oct. 22, recording two receptions for 12 yards.
- Appeared in his first-career game at Kansas City (10/27).
- Posted his first and second-career receptions (each for six yards) at N.Y. Jets (12/22).
- Spent the first six weeks of the season on Miami's practice squad.
- Spent the entire season on Miami's practice squad.
- Signed by San Francisco as a rookie free agent on May 4, but was released prior to the start of the season.
- Played in 22 games with 13 starts at Florida A&M over two seasons, recording 45 receptions for 661 yards and four touchdowns.
- Compiled 38 catches for 538 yards and three touchdowns as a senior in 2011.
- Spent 2008-09 at Talahassee Community College.