Dominique Easley was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 1st round (29th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Dominique Easley was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (29th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2014 (8/2)
- Played as a sub rusher and posted one tackle in the win vs. Denver (11/2).
- Started at defensive end and sacked Jay Cutler for a four-yard loss in the win vs. Chicago (10/26).
- Played limited snaps as an interior sub rusher in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16).
- Inactive at Buffalo (10/12) due to injury.
- Made his first NFL start at defensive end in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/5), finishing with one tackle.
- Played as an interior sub rusher in the dime and nickel packages at Kansas City (9/29), posting two tackles.
- Played in the home opener vs. Oakland (9/21) as an interior sub rusher in the dime and nickel packages.
- Recorded his first NFL interception off Matt Cassel in the fourth quarter of the win at Minnesota (9/14). It was his first interception since high school.
- Made his NFL debut after sitting out all four preseason games, entering the game at left defensive end late in the first quarter in the season opener at Miami (9/7).
- Started 26-of-32 games over his four year career and finished with 81 tackles, 5½ sacks, 18 tackles for loss, one fumble recovery and one pass defensed.
- Rated the second-best defensive tackle in the country by both Scout.com and Rivals.com during his senior campaign.
- As a senior, he was credited with 53 tackles, 16 sacks, one fumble recovery and an interception he ran back for a score.
- Received EA Sports All-American honors after leading Curtis High to the 2009 Public Schools Athletic League championship.
- Named Most Valuable Player at the 2010 Under Armour All-American Game.
- Has a son, Dominique Easley II.
- Majored in general studies at Florida.