CAREER TRANSACTIONSDuron Harmon
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (91st overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2014 (16/0)
2013 (15/3, 1/0)
- Posted one tackle vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Posted one tackle in the win at N.Y. Jets (12/21).
- Recorded his first interception of the season when he picked off Ryan Tannehill and returned it 60 yards to the Dolphins 8-yard line in the second quarter of the win vs. Miami (12/14).
- Rotated in at safety and posted one tackle in the win at San Diego (12/7).
- Played as part of the dime package and also posted one special teams tackle in the win at Indianapolis (11/16).
- Played as part of the dime package in the win at Buffalo (10/12), posting three tackles.
- Recovered a fourth-quarter fumble forced by Kyle Arrington in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/5), setting up a Patriots field goal drive.
- Played primarily on special teams and saw some action at safety in the first four games of the season, posting four tackles.
- Played in 15 regular-season games and made three starts, registering 30 tackles, two interceptions and four passes defensed.
- Appeared as a reserve in both playoff contests.
- Was inactive at Buffalo (9/8).
- Played in his first NFL game, appearing mainly on special teams vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12). Also registered his first career tackle on defense.
- Intercepted his first career pass vs. Miami (10/27) late in the fourth quarter to help seal the win for New England.
- Came on in relief of Steve Gregory at safety vs. Pittsburgh (11/3) after Gregory left in the third quarter with a thumb injury and did not return. Made four tackles and intercepted a pass for the second straight game, returning the pick 42 yards that led to a Patriots touchdown two plays later.
- Made his first career start in place of injured Steve Gregory at safety at Carolina (11/18).
- Started his second consecutive game at safety vs. Denver (11/24) and compiled a career-high 11 tackles.
- Started the regular-season finale vs. Buffalo (12/29) in place of injured Devin McCourty and made three tackles.
- Earned All-Big-East First Team honors as a junior and senior.
- Started 27-of-50 games in his college career.
- Born Jan. 24, 1991.
- Majored in labor studies.
- 2008 Gatorade State Player of the Year in Delaware.
- Defensive backs Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon are used to learning a new system together. Ryan and Harmon began their college football careers together as members of the same recruiting class at Rutgers University and developed a close friendship during their four years in Piscataway, N.J. As fate would have it, Ryan and Harmon would begin their NFL journeys together as well, when the Patriots selected the two defensive backs just eight picks apart in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Reunited once again, the former Scarlet Knights are excited and eager to make their mark, just as they did four years ago at Rutgers.
“We talked before the draft and said how good it would be to play on the same team again, and for it to happen again, it’s exciting and it’s a blessing,” Harmon told The Boston Globe. “It’s great [we’re contributing], because at the end of the day you want to play, and to contribute to a team like this, it’s fun.”