CAREER TRANSACTIONSJake Ballard
was claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots from the N.Y. Giants on June 12, 2012 ... Originally signed by the N.Y. Giants as a rookie free agent (4/25/10) ... Released by the N.Y. Giants (8/19/10) ... Signed to the N.Y. Giants practice squad (9/5/10) ... Signed by the N.Y. Giants to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (11/20/10) ... Released by the N.Y. Giants (11/24/10) ... Signed to the N.Y. Giants practice squad (11/26/10) ... Signed by the N.Y. Giants to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (12/16/10) ... Released by the N.Y. Giants (6/11/12). SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0)
- Missed the entire season after being placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List with a knee injury on Aug. 27, 2012. The injury was sustained in the previous season in Super Bowl XLVI.
2011 (14/13, 4/3 – N.Y. Giants)
2010 (1/0 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played in 14 games with 13 starts, finishing with 38 catches for 604 yards and four touchdowns.
- Played in all four postseason games, starting three, including Super Bowl XLVI, and recorded five receptions for 43 yards.
- Tallied touchdown catches in back-to-back weeks at Arizona (10/2) and vs. Seattle (10/9).
- Posted career-highs with five receptions for 81 yards vs. Buffalo (10/16).
- Scored the game-winning touchdown with 15 seconds remaining at New England (11/6), finishing with four receptions for 67 yards.
- Had two receptions for 10 yards against the Patriots in the Super Bowl before being forced to leave the giants with a knee injury.
- Spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad.
- Appeared in one game, at Philadelphia (11/21) as an extra tight end after being signed from the practice squad the day before the game.
- Returned to the practice squad after the Philadelphia game before being re-signed to the 53-man roster on Dec. 16.
- Was on the 53-man roster but inactive for the final three games of the season.
- Played in 25 games at Ohio State, totaling 34 receptions for 377 yards and three touchdowns.
- Posted career-highs as a senior with 14 receptions and 150 yards in 10 games.
- Played on both sides of the ball as a senior at Springboro (Ohio) High School, tallying 22 receptions for 363 yards and three touchdowns and was named Ohio's 2005 Division II Defensive Player of the Year with 35 solo tackles, 42 assists, 10 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks.
- Named first team all-league, district player of the year and all-Ohio in 2004 and 2005.
- Four-year letterman in football and basketball.
- Majored in sport and leisure studies.