CAREER TRANSACTIONSJake Bequette
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (90th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (5/0)
2012 (3/0, 0/0)
- Played a limited role on defense in the season opener at Buffalo (9/8).
- Was active but did not play vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12).
- Was inactive at Atlanta (9/29), vs. Miami (10/27), vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), at Carolina (11/18), vs. Denver (11/24) and at Houston (12/1).
- Played in three games as a reserve and was inactive for 13 games.
- Did not register any defensive statistics.
- Was inactive for both playoff games.
- Made his NFL debut as a reserve on defense at Buffalo (9/30).
- Also played at St. Louis (10/28) and at Miami (12/2).
- Bequette appeared in 48 games for Arkansas, starting 42 contests.
- Recorded 126 tackles (64 solo) with 23½ sacks for minus 165 yards, 32½ stops for losses totaling 198 yards and 35 quarterback pressures.
- Caused eight fumbles and recovered three others, adding a safety and five pass deflections.
- Was one of four players in school history to register 20 sacks during a career, ranking third on the all-time list while joining Wayne Martin (25½; 1985-88), Henry Ford (25; 1990-93) and Steven Conley (21; 1992-95).
- His 10 sacks in 2011 rank sixth on the school season-record chart.
- Born Feb. 21, 1989, he is the son of Jay and Cindy Bequette.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in finance.
- He was named to the SEC’s Freshman Academic Honor Roll and Arkansas’ Lon Farrell Academic Honor Roll for the 2007-08 academic year, and to the Razorback Honor Roll for the 2008-09 year.
- He was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll and the Athletic Director’s List in the fall of 2009 and the fall of 2010.
Jake is the fourth member of the Bequette family to play football at Arkansas:
- His father Jay played from 1980-82.
- His uncle Chris played from 1984-87.
- His grandfather George played from 1954-56.