James Anderson was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on June 4, 2014 ... Originally drafted by Carolina in the third round (88th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft ... Released by Carolina (3/12/13) ... Signed by Chicago as a free agent (3/24/13).CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2013 (16/16 – Chicago)
- Has played in 110 career regular-season games with 69 starts and compiled 556 tackles, 12 sacks, three interceptions, 22 passes defensed, five forced fumbles and eight fumble recoveries. Also appeared in one playoff game.
- Posted three 100-tackle seasons in his career - 2010, 2011 and 2013.
2012 (12/12 – Carolina)
- Started all 16 games and led the team with 102 tackles, a career-high four sacks, three passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
2011 (16/16 – Carolina)
- Started all 12 games he played and registered 73 tackles and two passes defensed.
- Set a Panthers single-game record with 20 tackles vs. N.Y. Giants (9/20).
- Missed the final four games of the season with a back injury.
2010 (16/15 – Carolina)
- Started all 16 games and established a then franchise record 145 tackles, 1½ sacks, two interceptions, nine passes defensed and three fumble recoveries
- Led the team in tackles 10 times.
2009 (16/7 – Carolina)
- Played in all 16 games with 15 starts and led the team with 130 tackles, 3½ sacks, one interception, five passes defensed, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
2008 (8/0, 1/0 – Carolina)
- Played all 16 games with seven starts and posted 65 tackles, one sack, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and his first career fumble recovery.
2007 (10/1 – Carolina)
- Appeared as a reserve in eight regular-season games and made three tackles.
- Played in a reserve role in his first career playoff game vs. Arizona (1/10).
2006 (16/2 – Carolina)
- Played in 10 games with one start and posted 17 tackles.
- Played in all 16 games as a rookie with two starts as a rookie and posted 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed.
- Started 28-of-53 over four seasons at Virginia Tech and registered 218 tackles, seven sacks, three interceptions, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and five passes defensed.
- Became first player in Virginia Tech history to earn the Excalibur Award five times, given to the top performer in the strength and conditioning program.
- Majored in studio art at Virginia Tech.
- Born Sept. 26, 1983.
- Attended Deep Creek High School in Chesapeake, Va.
- Established the James Anderson Foundation, dedicated to making donations to nonprofit organizations focused on academic and arts education, breaking the cycle of poverty, health and wellness and advancing medicine through cutting-edge research.