James Morris, 22, was just the sixth player in Iowa history to record 400 career tackles after finishing with 400 tackles, 10 1/2 sacks and six interceptions as a three-year starter. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder was named a team captain in 2013 and started in all 13 games and finished second on the team with 107 total tackles, eight sacks and four interceptions. Signed by the Patriots on May 16, 2014.
James Morris was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Aug. 3, 2014 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent (5/16/14) ... Waived by New England (5/20/14).SEASONAL REVIEWS2014 (0/0)
- Placed on injured reserve on Aug. 30, 2014.
- Played in 50 career games with 41 starts at Iowa and recorded 400 tackles - just the sixth player in school history to do so. Also posted 10½ sacks and six interceptions and was a team captain as a junior and senior.
- Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors in his final three seasons and was named to the Capital One first team Academic All-America team as a senior, among other honors.
- Was one of nine true freshmen to see action in 2010.
- Born Nov. 20, 1991.
- Named Gatorade Player of the Year in Iowa as a junior and senior and was a three-time first team all-state, including elite team selection as a senior.
- Helped his team win 41 straight games and three consecutive Class 2A state titles as a running back and linebacker.
- Also lettered in wrestling and track.
- Majored in political science/pre law at Iowa.
- Father, Greg Morris, is the Iowa football team equipment manager.