James White was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 4th round (130thoverall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
James White was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 4th round (130thoverall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. CAREER NOTES
SEASONAL REVIEWSSenior Year (2013):
- Played in 52 games with 12 starts and finished career ranked No. 4 all-time at Wisconsin with 4,015 rushing yards and ranks third all-time at UW in rushing touchdowns (45), which is tied for the eighth-most in Big Ten history. Also ranks third all-time at UW in total touchdowns (48), the ninth-most by a Big Ten player.
- Finished career ranked No. 4 all-time at UW with 5,450 all-purpose yards and set UW record for career average per rushing attempt at 6.24 yards per carry, the fifth-best mark in Big Ten history.
- With 1,052 rushing yards as a freshman and 1,444 as a senior, became eighth player in school history with multiple 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
- In 2013, combined with RB Melvin Gordon (1,609) to set FBS single-season record for rushing yards by teammates at 3,053 yards.
- Finished with 18 career 100-yard rushing games, tied for the sixth-most in school history.
- Recorded the longest run in school history with 93-yard TD run on UW's first play from scrimmage vs. Indiana on Nov. 16, 2013.
- Set school record for receiving yards by a running back with 670 for his career.
Junior Year (2012):
- Played in all 13 games with 12 starts and rushed for career-high 1,444 yards on 221 carries (6.5 average) and scored 13 touchdowns. Also caught 39 passes for 300 yards and two TDs.
- Ranked second on team, fourth in the Big Ten and No. 17 nationally with an average of 111.1 rushing yards per game, eclipsing 100 yards rushing nine times.
- Carried 12 times for 107 yards -- his ninth 100-yard rushing game of the season and 18th of his career -- in the Capital One Bowl vs. South Carolina on Jan. 1.
- Rushed a career-high 26 times for 125 yards and a TD at Minnesota on Nov. 23.
- Ran for a career-high 205 yards, including a school-record 93-yard TD run on UW's first play from scrimmage, vs. Indiana on Nov. 16.
- Rushed for 147 yards and two touchdowns and caught six passes for 47 yards and a touchdown vs. BYU on Nov. 9.
- Ran for 132 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries and caught two passes for 19 yards at Iowa on Nov. 2.
- Ran 19 times for 101 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 29 yards vs. Northwestern on Oct. 12.
- Carried 16 times for 145 yards and a 70-yard touchdown run and caught three passes for 49 yards vs. Purdue on Sept. 21.
- Ran 22 times for 109 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 31 yards vs. Tennessee Tech on Sept. 7.
- Rushed for 143 yards on 11 carries, including a 51-yard touchdown run, and caught one pass for 11 yards against UMass on Aug. 31, in his first career start at running back.
Sophomore Year (2011):
- Played in all 14 games and ranked No. 2 on team, rushing for 806 yards with total touchdowns (12 rushing, 1 receiving).
- Averaged 6.45 yards per carry to rank No. 4 in the Big Ten and No. 10 nationally (min. 120 carries) in rushing average
- Ran for 119 yards on 15 carries and tied a career high with four touchdowns, threw a 3-yard touchdown pass, and had one catch for 22 yards in the Big Ten Championship Game against Nebraska on Dec. 1.
- Recorded 14 carries for 161 yards and two touchdowns at Indiana on Nov. 10.
- Rushed for 175 yards on 15 carries and three touchdowns, against Minnesota on Oct. 20.
- Went over the 100-yard mark for the sixth time in his career with 124 yards rushing and one TD at Purdue on Oct. 13.
Freshman Year (2010):
- Played in all 14 games and finished second in the team with 713 rushing yards and third with 1,178 all-purpose yards.
- Named UW's offensive player of the week after scoring one touchdown and rushing for 87 yards on 13 carries against Indiana on Oct. 15, also returned one kick for 13 yards.
- Tallied a season-high 95 rushing yards, including season-long 49-yard TD rush, on nine carries, also caught two passes for 16 yards and returned one kick for 21 yards against South Dakota on Sept. 24.
- Named UW's co-offensive player of the week after rushing for team-high 64 yards and a touchdown, catching one pass for career-high 40 yards and returning three kickoffs for 77 yards.
- Played in 12 games and compiled 1,052 rushing yards, fourth-most in a single-season by a freshman at UW.
- Led team in rushing yards and all-purpose yards and was second on team in rushing TDs, rushing yards per game, kick return yards and total offense.
- Finished third at UW in rushes and total points.
- became fourth freshman in school history to go over 1,000 yards in a season after rushing for 134 yards and scoring one touchdown on 20 attempts, also caught one pass for five yards, against Northwestern on Nov. 27.
- Named Big Ten Freshman of the Week after 181 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 23 carries, two catches for 19 yards and two kick returns for 46 yards (career-high 246 all-purpose yards) at Michigan on Nov. 20.
- Rushed for 144 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries against Indiana on Nov. 13.
- Named UW's co-offensive player of the week after rushing for 75 yards and one touchdown on 17 carries and catching two passes for nine yards in win over No. 1 Ohio State on Oct. 16.
- Compiled a game-high 118 rushing yards with two touchdowns on 19 carries against Minnesota on Oct. 9.
- Earned second-straight Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors after tallying 235 all-purpose yards (98 rush with 2 TDs, 6 rec., and 131 on kick returns) at Michigan State on Oct. 2.
- Named Big Ten Freshman of the Week and UW offensive player of the week after rushing 11 times for 145 yards and freshman-record tying four touchdowns against Austin Peay on Sept. 25; scored on 66-yard run and added one catch for 12 yards and 43 kickoff return yards on two returns.
- Tallied a team-high 133 total yards (40 rush, 93 kickoff return) against Arizona State on Sept. 18.
- In his career, rushed 319 times for 2,568 yards and 38 touchdowns and made 65 catches for 473 yards and eight touchdowns.
- as a senior, named first-team all-county as he rushed 136 times for 1,145 yards and 15 touchdowns and made 24 catches for 253 yards and five touchdowns.
- all-county second-team as a junior after rushing for 18 touchdowns and 960 yards on 127 carries and catching 17 passes for 184 yards and three touchdowns.
- named honorable mention all-county as a sophomore, rushing for 463 yards and five touchdowns on 56 carries.
- Also earned letters in football and baseball.
- Rushed 319 times for 2,568 yards and 38 touchdowns and made 65 catches for 473 yards and eight touchdowns in his high school career.
- As a senior, named first-team all-county, compiling 136 rushes for 1,145 yards and 15 touchdowns and made 24 catches for 253 yards and five touchdowns.
- Named all-county second-team as a junior after rushing for 18 touchdowns and 960 yards on 127 carries and catching 17 passes for 184 yards and three touchdowns.
- Named honorable mention all-county as a sophomore, rushing for 463 yards and five touchdowns on 56 carries.
- Also earned lettered in baseball.
- Parents are Tyrone and Lisa White.
- Relative Santana Moss plays in the NFL for the Washington Redskins.
- Relative, Craig White, played football at the University of Minnesota.
- Hobbies include dancing and video games.
- Studied agricultural and life sciences with a focus in communication at Wisconsin.