CAREER TRANSACTIONSJamie Collins
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (16/8, 2/2)
- Played in his first NFL game, appearing mostly on special teams, at Buffalo (9/8).
- Accumulated the first two tackles of his career as a sub on defense vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Made two special teams tackles and recovered his first career fumble vs. New Orleans (10/13). Collins jumped on the loose ball during the kickoff on the final play of the game to seal the win for hte Patriots.
- Made his first career start at linebacker at N.Y. Jets (10/20) and registered five tackles on defense and one special teams tackle.
- Started at linebacker and registered a career-high nine tackles vs. Denver (11/24).
- Started in his first playoff game vs. Indianapolis (1/11) and registered six tackles, his first career sack and a fourth-quarter interception returned for 20 yards that led to a Patriots touchdown.
- His 21 career sacks are the fifth-best total in school history.
- Collins appeared in 52 games for Southern Mississippi, starting 34 contests.
- Recorded 314 tackles (196 solos) with 21 sacks for minus 150 yards, 45 stops for losses totaling 226 yards and 15 quarterback pressures.
- Forced seven fumbles and recovered three others, as he returned two for a total of 29 yards, including a 16-yard touchdown.
- Registered three interceptions, returning two for touchdowns and had 18 passes defensed.
- Born October 20, 1989.
- Attended Franklin County (Miss.) High School, where he first played as a quarterback, receiver and safety before concluding his career as a quarterback and outside linebacker.
- Interdisciplinary Studies major, with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering Technology.