Jimmy Garoppolo was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 2nd round (62ndoverall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Jimmy Garoppolo was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (62nd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2014 (6/0)
- Played the entire second half of the season finale vs. Buffalo (12/28), completing 10-of-17 passes for 90 yards and rushing four times for 16 yards.
- Came on for the final series in the win vs. Miami (12/14), handing off to Jonas Gray four times.
- Came on for the final series in the win at Indianapolis (11/16), handing off five times and taking two kneel downs.
- Came on for the final series in the win vs. Chicago (10/26), completing 3-of-3 passes for 22 yards to set up a Patriots field goal. Also kneeled down once to end the game.
- Did not see game action as Tom Brady’s backup at Buffalo (10/12), vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16), vs. Denver (11/2), vs. Detroit (11/23), at Green Bay (11/30) and at San Diego (12/7).
- Came on for the final series in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/5), kneeling down three times.
- Saw his first game action at Kansas City (9/29) and engineered a 7-play, 81-yard drive that included a 37-yard pass to Brandon LaFell before he culminated the drive with a 13-yard touchdown pass to Rob Gronkowski.
- is first NFL completion was a 5-yard pass to Julian Edelman.
- Did not see game action as Tom Brady's backup in the first three games of the season.
- Started all 45 games that he appeared in for Eastern Illinois, completing 1,047-of-1,668 passes (62.8%) for 13,151 yards, 118 touchdowns and 51 interceptions. Added eight rushing touchdowns on 260 carries.
- Generated 13,089 yards in total offense in his career and was responsible for 126 touchdowns. Also handled some punting duties, kicking nine times for 287 yards (31.9 avg).
- Finished sixth in Football Championship Subdivision annals with 118 touchdown passes and seventh with 13,151 yards passing.
- Set Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) records with 1,047 pass completions for 13,151 yards and 118 touchdowns.
- Garoppolo’s 13,089 yards in total offense saw him join New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton (10,298 yards; 1983-86) as the only Panthers to generate at least 10,000 yards in total offense for Eastern Illinois.
- Played quarterback at Rolling Meadows and passed for 1,888 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior, earning Northwest Suburban All-Area honors.
- Also rushed for 563 yards and seven touchdowns, helping lead his team to Mid-Suburban East League championships and IHSA Class 7A playoff berth.
- As a junior, passed for 2,072 yards and 18 touchdowns while completing 152-of-253 (60.1%) passes as a junior. Added 552 yards and 7 touchdowns on the ground.
- Son of Tony and Denise Garoppolo.
- Brother Mike played football at Western Illinois.
- Studied management at Eastern Illinois.