CAREER TRANSACTIONS Josh Kline
was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Nov. 2, 2013 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent on (5/3/13) ... Relesaed by New England (9/2/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/4/13) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/7/13) ... Released by New England (9/7/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/13/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2014 (12/4)
2013 (7/1, 0/0)
- Started at left guard vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Made his third start of the season at left guard in place of injured starter Dan Connolly in the win at N.Y. Jets (12/21).
- Subbed in at left guard for injured starter Dan Connolly in the fourth quarter of the win vs. Miami (12/14).
- Rotated in at guard and on special teams vs. Chicago (10/26), vs. Denver (11/2), at Indianapolis (11/16), vs. Detroit (11/23), at Green Bay (11/30) and at San Diego (12/7).
- Started at right guard in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16).
- Started his first game of the season at right guard in the win at Buffalo (10/12).
- Made his season debut as part of the field goal unit and replaced Marcus Cannon at left guard on the final drive in the win at Minnesota (9/14).
- Inactive at Miami (9/7), vs. Oakland (9/21), at Kansas City (9/29) and vs. Cincinnati (10/5).
- Played in seven regular-season games with one start.
- Spent majority of the season on the practice squad with two separate stints on the 53-man roster.
- Was active but did not play in the postseason.
- Appeared in his first NFL game vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), coming in at left guard for the final play kneel down.
- Came on to play left guard after Nate Solder left with a head injury at Miami (12/15) and Logan Mankins slid over to left tackle.
- Made the first start of his career at left guard at Baltimore (12/22), in place of Logan Mankins starting at left tackle for an injured Nate Solder.
- Appeared at right guard, right tackle and on special teams in four seasons after redshirting as a freshman.
- Named to Phil Steele’s All-MAC team and earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior.
- Son of Rick and Julie Kline.
- Two-time second-team all-conference pick at Mason High School (Mason, Ohio).
- Was a standout wrestler, winning the state title as a senior and finishing with a 45-1 record that year.
- Majored in history.