CAREER TRANSACTIONS Josh Kline
was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Nov. 2, 2013 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent on (5/3/13) ... Relesaed by New England (9/2/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/4/13) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/7/13) ... Released by New England (9/7/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/13/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (7/1, 0/0)
- Was inactive for the season opener at Buffalo (9/8).
- Appeared in his first NFL game vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), coming in at left guard for the final play kneel down.
- Was active but did not play at Carolina (11/18).
- Came on to play left guard after Nate Solder left with a head injury at Miami (12/15) and Logan Mankins slid over to left tackle.
- Made the first start of his career at left guard at Baltimore (12/22) in place of Logan Mankins starting for an injured Nate Solder.
- Was active but did not play in the AFC Divisional Playoff vs. Indianapolis (1/11).
- Appeared at right guard, right tackle and on special teams in four seasons after redshirting as a freshman.
- Named to Phil Steele’s All-MAC team and earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior.
- Son of Rick and Julie Kline.
- Two-time second-team all-conference pick at Mason High School (Mason, Ohio).
- Was a standout wrestler, winning the state title as a senior and finishing with a 45-1 record that year.
- Majored in history.