CAREER TRANSACTIONS Kenbrell Thompkins
was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (12/8, 1/0)
- Played in 12 regular-season games with eight starts and totaled 32 receptions for 466 yards and four touchdowns.
- Played as a reserve in the AFC Divisional Playoff vs. Indianapolis (1/11).
- Was inactive for four regular-season games and the AFC Championship Game at Denver (1/19).
- Started his first NFL game at wide receiver and posted three receptions for 42 yards at Buffalo (9/8).
- Registered three receptions for 41 yards and two touchdowns, the first of his career, vs. Tampa Bay (9/22). Became the first undrafted rookie WR to catch two TDs in a game since Blair White in 2010 with Indianapolis.
- Finished with career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (127) and scored a touchdown at Atlanta (9/29), becoming just the second Patriots rookie free agent (Wes Moore) to go over 100 yards receiving during a game in his rookie season. Also caught a second-quarter pass for a career-long 49 yards.
- Totaled three receptions for 45 yards vs. New Orleans (10/13), including the game-winning 17-yard touchdown reception with five seconds left.
- Posted two receptions for 60 yards at Carolina (11/18), including a 37-yard catch and run to the Panthers 1-yard line that led to a touchdown.
- Played in his first postseason game vs. Indianapolis (1/11) and left in the second half with a head injury and did not return.
- Junior college transfer played two seasons at Cincinnati and compiled 78 receptions for 1,077 yards and four touchdowns.
- Caught 34 passes for 541 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games as a senior in 2012. His 15.9 yards per reception average was fifth-highest in the Big East.
- Compiled 44 receptions for 536 yards in 13 games as a junior in 2011.
- Sat out the 2010 season after transferring from El Camino Community College.
- Has a brother, Kendal, who played football for Miami (Fla.)
- His cousin, Antonio Brown, is a receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Rookie WR Kenbrell Thompkin had two TD receptions in a Week 3 win over Tampa Bay a became the undrafted rookie WR to have 2 TD rec. in game since 2010 (Blair White, Indianapolis).
- Graduated from the University of Cincinnati in December 2012 with a degree in criminal justice.