CAREER TRANSACTIONS Marcus Forston
was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Oct. 12, 2013 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent (5/10/12) Released by New England (9/26/12) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/28/12) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on (1/20/13) ... Released by New England (8/31/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/1/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (3/0)
2012 (1/0, 0/0)
- Was signed to the 53-man roster from the practice squad the day before he made his first appearance of the season vs. New Orleans (10/13) as a substitute along the defensive line and picked up his first career tackle.
- Was active but did not play vs. Pittsburgh (11/3) and at Carolina (11/18).
- Was inactive vs. Denver (11/24).
- Originally made the 53-man roster out of training camp but was released early in the season and brought back to the practice squad where he spent the majority of the year. He eventually rejoined the 53-man roster prior to the AFC Championship Game.
- Appeared in one regular season game and spent the majority of the season of the practice squad.
- Was inactive for the first two games of the season.
- Was inactive for the AFC Championship vs. Baltimore (1/20).
- Made his first NFL appearance as a defensive substitute at Baltimore (9/23).
- Appeared in three games as a junior in 2011 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Finished with five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Played in 13 games with 12 starts as a sophomore in 2010, recording 37 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks and one interception.
- Appeared in three games as a sophomore in 2009 before being granted a medical redshirt with an injury.
- Played in 12 games as a true freshman, registering 18 tackles, three sacks, 4½ tackles for loss and one pass defensed and was named to the Football Writers Association First-Team Freshmen All-American team.