CAREER TRANSACTIONS Matthew Mulligan
was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Sept. 10, 2013 … Originally signed by Miami as a rookie free agent (5/2/08) … Released by Miami (9/2/08) … Signed by Miami to the practice squad (9/3/08) … Released by Miami from the practice squad (11/5/08) … Signed by Tennessee to the practice squad (11/19/08) … Released by Tennessee (9/5/09) … Claimed off waivers by the New York Jets (9/6/09) … Released by the New York Jets (9/22/09) … Signed by the New York Jets to the practice squad (9/24/09) … Signed by the New York Jets to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (12/2/09) … Signed by the St. Louis Rams as an unrestricted free agent free agent from the New York Jets (3/26/12) … Released by St. Louis (3/22/13) … Signed by Green Bay as a free agent (4/9/13) … Released by Green Bay (8/31/13) ... Signed By New England (9/3/13) ... Released by New England (9/5/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (15/4, 2/1)
2012 (16/9 – St. Louis)
- Made his first appearance in a Patirots uniform vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12).
- Caught his first pass in a Patriots uniform - a 1-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady at Tampa Bay (9/29).
- Started his first game as a Patriot vs. Denver (11/24) in place of injured Michael Hoomanawanui.
- Caught his first postseason pass for a 6-yard gain in the AFC Championship at Denver (1/19).
2011 (16/9 – N.Y. Jets)
- Appeared in all 16 games with nine starts for St. Louis and accumulated career highs in receptions (8), receiving yards (84) and touchdowns (1).
- Matched his career high with two receptions for 14 yards and his first NFL touchdown vs. Washington (9/16). Also blocked a punt and made a tackle. Four plays later, he caught his first career TD, a 1-yard pass from QB Sam Bradford.
2010 (13/1 – N.Y. Jets)
- Played in all 16 games with nine starts and caught five passes for 58 yards.
- Also saw time on special teams.
- Returned a kickoff for a career-high 20 yards vs. Kansas City (12/11).
- Recorded a 41-yard catch, the longest of his career, at Miami (1/1).
2009 (5/1 – N.Y. Jets)
- Played in 13 games and made one start.
- Returned one kickoff for 8 yards vs. Buffalo (1/1).
2008 (0-/0 – Miami/Tennessee)
- Went to training camp with the Tennessee Titans before being released prior to the start of the regular season.
- Signed with the N.Y. Jets and spent time on both the practice squad and the 53-man roster.
- Appeared in five games with one start, catching one pass for 2 yards.
- Went to training camp with Miami before being released prior to the start of the regular season and signed to the practice squad.
- Spent the first eight games of the season on Miami’s practice squad before being released and was signed to Tennessee’s practice squad, where he spent the rest of the season.
- Was a two-year starter and letterman at Maine, finishing his career with 21 games played and 18 starts.
- Caught 23 passes for 268 yards and two touchdowns.
- In his senior year, Mulligan started all 11 games and caught 13 passes for 157 yards and two touchdowns.
- Born January 18, 1985, in Bangor, Maine.
- Played four years of basketball, two years of soccer and one year of baseball, tennis and track and field at Penobscot Valley High School in Howland, Maine.
- Did not play football in high school, as his school does not field a football team.
- Was an honorable mention all-state selection in both basketball and soccer.
- Mulligan did not play football in high school, as his school does not field a football team.