Myron Pryor was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (207th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft ... Signed by the Patriots (7/23/09) ... Placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury (9/21/11).SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0, 0/0)
- Placed on Physically Unable to Perform List on Aug. 27, 2012.
- Played in the first two games of the season and made three tackles with a half-sack before being placed on injured reserve on Sept. 21, 2011 with a shoulder injury suffered against San Diego (9/18).
- Saw time as a substitute against the Chargers (9/18).
- Played in a reserve role against the Dolphins, tallying three tackles, three quarterback hits and combining with Vince Wilfork for a nine-yard sack for Chad Henne on third-and-five in the fourth quarter (9/12).
- Finished the season with 14 tackles and .5 sacks
- Was inactive due to injury against the Steelers (11/14), Colts (11/21), Lions (11/25) and Jets (12/6).
- Started at nose tackle in his second start of the season, making four tackles against Cleveland (11/7).
- Tallied one tackle in a reserve role against Minnesota (10/31).
- Played in a reserve role against San Diego (10/24) and made two tackles.
- Saw action in the nickel defensive package against Baltimore and made one tackle (10/17).
- Played in a reserve role against the Jets, (9/19), Bills (9/26) and Dolphins (10/4).
- Started his first career NFL game and combined with Tully Banta-Cain for a Carson Palmer sack for a four-yard loss on third-and-two to complete the Patriots' first defensive possession of the season, forcing Cincinnati to punt (9/12). It was his first career sack.
2009 (13/0, 1/0)
- Played in 13 games as a reserve along the defensive line and finished the season with 23 total tackles and one forced fumble.
- Was inactive for three games - vs. Buffalo (9/14), vs. Carolina (12/13) and at Buffalo (12/20).
- Recorded his first career forced fumble in the Patriots' 59-0 win vs. Tennessee (10/18), stripping Nate Washington of the ball on a broken play in the third quarter to end a Titans drive at the New England 17-yard line.
- Saw action as a reserve in the postseason game vs. Baltimore (1/10) and finished with one solo tackle.
- A four-year starter, Pryor earned second-team All-SEC honors as a senior.
- Three-year starter at defensive tackle, appearing in 47 games, registering 35 starts.
- Had 118 tackles (71 solo) in his career .
- Recovered a fumble and returned it 72 yards for a score at Louisville as a senior in 2008. Also caused a fumble that teammate Ashton Cobb returned 27 yards for a touchdown against Louisville. Blocked a field goal attempt that David Jones returned for a score against Vanderbilt.
- Myron Pryor was born June 13, 1986 the son of Marylin Pryor.
- Three-year starter at offensive tackle and on the defensive line at Eastern High School in Louisville, Ky.
- Named first-team all-state by the Louisville Courier-Journal and second-team all-state by the Associated Press as a senior.
- Named to the Lexington Herald-Leader Class of the Commonwealth list of the Top-22 seniors in Kentucky.
- Selected all-metro Louisville by the Voice-Tribune.
- Given the Republic Bank Award for the top defensive lineman in Louisville.
- Two-year letterman on the wrestling and track and field teams.
- Competed in the shot put and discus throw.
- Majored in family and consumer sciences at Kentucky.