Stevan Ridley was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (73rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Stevan Ridley was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (73rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (16/12, 2/1)
- Rushed 15 times for 82 yards (5.5 avg) and his first playoff touchdown in the Divisional Playoff win vs. Houston (1/13). Also caught one pass for 13 yards.
- Scored two touchdowns on 74 yards and 20 carries (3.7 avg) for his second multi-touchdown game of the season. Finished 2012 with the fourth-highest single season rushing total in franchise history (1,263 yards) and his 12 rushing TDs are tied for fifth all time.
- Finished with 71 yards on 19 carries (3.7 avg) and a touchdown including 46 yards on 11 rushes in the Patriots final drive to help seal the win at Miami (12/2). Eclipsed the 1,000-yard plateau for the first time in his career, becoming the 12th Patriot to achieve that mark and the 15th time it has happened in franchise history.
- Rushed 21 times for 97 yards (4.6 avg) and a touchdown in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/22).
- Carried 15 times for 127 yards (8.5 avg) and a touchdown including a career-long 41-yard rush that set up a touchdown at St. Louis (10/28).
- Rushed for a career-high 151 yards on 28 carries (5.4 avg) and a touchdown vs. Denver (10/7) as part of a rushing attack that eclipsed 200 yards in back-to-back games for the first time since 1978.
- Started and rushed for 106 yards on 22 carries (4.8 avg) and two touchdowns for the second 100-yard rushing game of the season. Ridley and Brandon Bolden (137 yards) became the first Patriots running back duo to eclipse 100 yards rushing in the same game since Nov. 23, 1980 at Baltimore Colts when Don Calhoun (106) and Vagas Ferguson (100) each went over 100 yards rushing. Also caught one pass for 11 yards.
- Started and compiled a combined total of 95 yards of offense (71 rush, 24 rec.) vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Started and rushed for 125 yards on 21 carries (6.0 avg), eclipsing the 100-yard mark for the first time in his career, in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9). Also caught two passes for 27 yards (14.5 avg) including a career-long 20-yard reception. Had five carries that went for 15 yards or more. No Patriots running back in at least the past 25 years has done that in a single game.
2011 (16/2, 1/0)
- Appeared in one playoff game, accumulating 25 yards of offense.
- Did not play against the N.Y. Giants (2/5).
- Inactive for Patriots’ win over the Ravens (1/22).
- Accumulated 21 yards on 4 carries (5.3 avg.) and caught one pass for four yards in win over the Broncos (1/14).
- Played in all 16 games with two starts and gained 441 yards on 87 carries (5.1 avg.) and a touchdown. Also caught three passes for 13 yards (4.3 avg.).
- Started and gained 81 yards on a career-high 15 carries (5.4 avg.) in win over Buffalo (1/1).
- Ran for 64 yards on career-high 13 carries against Miami (12/24).
- Picked up 65 yards on a season-high 11 carries in win at Denver (12/18).
- Played special teams in win over Redskins (12/11).
- Rushed eight times for 33 yards against the Colts (12/4).
- Picked up four yards on four carries in Philadelphia (11/27).
- Saw action on special teams and in a reserve role on offense against the Chiefs (11/21).
- Totaled five carries for four yards against the Jets (11/13)
- Saw action in a reserve role and carried three times for 10 yards against the Giants (11/6). Also caught a pass for two yards.
- Made his first career start and had three carries for 19 yards, including a 16-yard run on the Patriots’ first drive to help set up an early field goal against the Cowboys (10/16).
- Carried the ball seven times for 13 yards against the Jets (10/9).
- Led the Patriots rushing attack for the second consecutive week with 10 carries for 97 yards. Ridley had several long runs, including a 33-yard TD run in the third quarter for his first NFL score (10/2). Also caught a pass for three yards.
- Led the Patriots with 42 yards on six carries and caught his first career pass for eight yards at Buffalo (9/25).
- Made his NFL debut with two carries for nine yards on consecutive plays in the second quarter against the Chargers (9/18).
- Was active but did not play in the season opener against the Dolphins (9/12).
- Started nine of 39 games that he played in at Louisiana State, carrying 306 times for 1,419 yards (4.64 avg.) and 19 touchdowns.
- Caught 17 passes for 94 yards (5.53 avg.) and scored 114 points.
- Recorded 26 tackles (10 solos) and gained 1,513 all-purpose yards.
- Became the 13th player in school history to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season.
- His 1,147 rushing yards in 2010 rank seventh on the Tigers' annual record chart behind Charles Alexander (1,686 in 1977; 1,172 in 1978), Kevin Faulk (1,282 in 1996; 1,279 in 1998), Dalton Hilliard (1,268 in 1984) and Charles Scott (1,174 in 2008).
- His 249 carries in 2010 placed fifth on the university's season-record list, topped by Charles Alexander (311 in 1977; 281 in 1978) and Dalton Hilliard (258 in 1985; 254 in 1984).
- His 15 touchdown runs in 2010 tied Kevin Faulk (1997) for fourth on the Tigers' annual record chart, surpassed by LaBrandon Toefield (19 in 2001), Charles Scott (18 in 2008) and Charles Alexander (17 in 1977).
- Attended Trinity Episcopal (Natchez, Miss.) High School.
- Widely considered the top all-around athlete in the state of Mississippi as a senior in 2006.
- Two-way star played tailback, fullback, quarterback and linebacker during his playing days with the Saints.
- Rated the state of Mississippi's sixth-best overall prospect and the 21nd-best overall athlete in the nation by Rivals.com.
- Named first-team All-State by the Clarion Ledger after accumulating 3,089 yards rushing and 28 touchdowns as a senior.
- Rewarded as the 2006 Natchez Democrat Metro Player of the Year after he led his team to the Class 1A state championship, a game in which he had 52 carries for 317 yards and three touchdowns.
- As a junior, Ridley tallied over 2,300 all-purpose yards, including 1,818 yards rushing with 22 touch-downs, passing for another 841 yards.
- Also collected 86 tackles (36 solos) to earn Class 2A All-State first-team accolades.
- General Studies major.
- Son of Carolyn and Leon Ridley III.
- Born Stevan Todd Ridley on Jan. 27, 1989.