Tracy White was Signed by the Patriots on July 30, 2011... Originally signed by Seattle as a rookie free agent on(5/1/03) …Waived by Seattle (9/4/05) … Claimed offwaivers and awarded to Green Bay from Seattle on (9/5/05)…Waived by Green Bay (9/26/06) … Signed by Green Bay on (10/5/06) …Waived by Green Bay (10/7/08) …Signed by Philadelphia as a free agent (10/14/08) ... Acquired by the Patriots from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for future draft considerations (9/5/10).CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (10/1, 2/0)
- A standout special teams player throughout his career, he has 124 special teams tackles in 125 NFL games.
2011 (15/1, 3/1)
- Special teams mainstay and plays a reserve role on defense.
- Compiled a season-high five tackles, one pass defensed and one special teams tackle in a reserve role, filling in for an injured Brandon Spikes.
- Inactive due to injury vs. San Francisco (12/16), vs. Buffalo (11/11), at St. Louis (10/28), vs. N.Y. Jets (10/21) at Seattle (10/14).
- Made his first start of the season at linebacker and made one tackle vs. Denver (10/7) but left the game with a foot injury.
- Came on in relief at linebacker in place of an injured Dont’a Hightower and registered two tackles in the win at Buffalo (9/30).
- Played on special teams a registered one tackle in the win at Tennessee (9/9).
2010 (16/0, 1/0)
- Played 15 games and made one start at linebacker.
- Saw action mostly on special teams, finishing with 14 special teams tackles, 25 defensive tackles and one pass defensed.
- Appeared in all three postseason games with one start, making three tackles on defense and one special teams tackle.
- Started his first game at linebacker in a Patriot uniform at Philadelphia (11/27) and registered a season-high five tackles on defense and one on special teams.
- Started at linebacker and assisted on two tackles in Super Bowl XLVI vs. the N.Y. Giants (2/5).
2009 (16/0, 1/0 – Philadelphia)
- Was a crucial special teams member, playing in every game, including the divisional playoff game vs. N.Y. Jets (1/16), and finishing second on the team with 18 special teams tackles, tying his career-high.
2008 (5/0, 0/0 – Green Bay)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games and one postseason game.
- Finished with 22 total tackles on defense and one interception and added a team-leading 18 special teams tackles.
- Notched his first-career interception off QB Alex Smith vs. San Francisco (12/20) to help set up a field goal.
- Recovered a fumble on kickoff coverage at Atlanta (12/6)
- Tipped a pass by Jay Cutler at Chicago (11/22) that was intercepted by Sean Jones.
2008 (10/0, 3/0 – Philadelphia)
- Began the season with Green Bay and played in five games before being released on Oct. 7.
- Finished with one tackle on defense and six special teams tackles for Green Bay.
2007 (13/0, 2/1 – Green Bay)
- Signed by Philadelphia on Oct. 14 and played in 10 games and three postseason games for the Eagles.
- Finished with 10 special teams tackles for the Eagles.
2006 (14/0 – Green Bay)
- Played in 13 games and ranked second on the team with 16 special teams tackles, adding two fumble recoveries and one touchdown.
- Also played in both playoff games with one start.
- Missed three games due to an ankle injury.
- Recorded his first NFL touchdown vs. Philadelphia (9/9) when Eagles WR Greg Lewis mishandled a punt that rolled into the end zone before being recovered by White.
- Recovered a fumble by Giants KR Ahmad Bradshaw at New York (9/16) to help set up a Green Bay touchdown.
- Saw his most extensive action from scrimmage vs. Detroit (12/30), playing 18 defensive snaps.
- Started in the Divisional playoff game vs. Seattle (12/12) when the team opened in its goal-line formation.
2005 (15/0 – Jacksonville)
- In two stints on the Green Bay roster played in 14 games and was inactive for one game.
- Was waived on Sept. 25 and re-signed on Oct. 5.
- Led the team with 17 special teams tackles.
- Saw reserve playing time on defense as a sub linebacker in goal line packages.
2004 (10/2 – Seattle)
- Went to training camp with Seattle but was waived and claimed off waivers by Jacksonville.
- Played in 15 games on special teams and as a reserve linebacker and finished with six special teams tackles.
- Finished the season on Injured Reserve with an ankle injury and missed the regular-season finale.
2003 (10/0 – Seattle)
- Began the season playing primarily on special teams but due to injuries also started two games at linebacker.
- Finished with 26 tackles (19 solo) with one sack and added 12 special teams tackles.
- In his first NFL start at Arizona (10/24), had a career-high 13 tackles and registered his one career NFL sack.
- Signed by Seattle as a rookie free agent and was one of only two non-drafted rookies to make the team.
- Played in 10 games, all on special teams.
- Finished the year with nine special teams tackles.
- Started 44 games at Howard, leading the team in tackles all four years and becoming the school’s all-time leader in career tackles with 500.
- Also recorded 22.0 sacks with six interceptions.
- A three-time All-MEAC selection and two-time finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the top defensive player in Division I-AA.
- Named Black College Defensive Player of the Year as a junior in 2001.
- Given name is Tracy Donnel White.
- Played linebacker and was the kicker at Timberland High School in St. Stephen, S.C. where he also wrestled and competed in track and field.
- Has been working to help build a “Hope Center” in his hometown of St. Stephen, SC. The building and program is being designed to provide activities for the youth in the area such as football, swimming and basketball.