Visanthe Shiancoe was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on July 25, 2012 … Originally drafted by the New York Giants in the third round (91st overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft … Signed by Minnesota as an unrestricted free agent from the New York Giants (3/3/07).
Visanthe Shiancoe was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on July 25, 2012 … Originally drafted by the New York Giants in the third round (91st overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft … Signed by Minnesota as an unrestricted free agent from the New York Giants (3/3/07). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (1/0)
- Played in 144 consecutive games since entering the league in 2003 through 2011.
- Set a Vikings tight end record with 11 touchdown catches in 2009.
2011 (16/14 – Minnesota)
- Appeared as a reserve in his first game with the Patriots vs. Buffalo (11/11).
- Activated from Injured Reserve with designation to return on Nov. 10, 2012.
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a designation to return on Sept. 5, 2012.
2010 (16/9 – Minnesota)
- Played in 16 games with 14 starts, finishing with 36 catches, 409 yards and three touchdowns.
- Caught touchdown passes vs. Detroit (9/25), vs. Green Bay (10/23) and at Detroit (12/11).
- Posted season-highs with six receptions for 58 yards at Kansas City (10/2).
2009 (16/14, 2/2 – Minnesota)
- Played in all 16 games with 9 starts and finished with 47 receptions for 530 yards and two touchdowns.
- Caught four passes for 76 yards and a touchdown at New Orleans (9/9).
- Posted six receptions for 86 yards vs. Miami (9/19).
- Recorded four catches for 66 yards and a touchdown vs. Arizona (11/7).
2008 (16/15, 1/1 – Minnesota)
- Played in all 16 games, starting 14, and totaled a career-high 56 catches for 566 yards and a career-high 11 touchdowns.
- Started in both playoff games, recording five catches for 94 yards and one touchdown.
- Set a team-record for tight ends with 11 touchdown catches.
- Registered two touchdowns vs. Baltimore (10/18).
- Caught a career-high eight passes vs. Seattle (11/22).
- Posted a touchdown vs. Dallas (1/17) in an NFL Divisional Playoff game.
- Recorded four catches for 83 yards in NFC Championship Game at New Orleans (1/24).
2007 (16/15 – Minnesota)
- Played in all 16 games with 15 starts, recording 42 receptions for a career-high 596 yards and 7 touchdowns.
- Caught a four-yard touchdown pass from RB Chester Taylor at New Orleans (10/6).
- Registered his first career 100-yard game vs. Atlanta (12/21), with 136 receiving yards and two touchdowns.
- Started at tight end in an NFC Wild Card game vs. Philadelphia (1/4), catching one pass for seven yards.
2005 (16/5, 1/0 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played in all 16 games with 15 starts and caught 27 passes for 323 yards.
- Caught a nine-yard touchdown vs. Philadelphia (10/28).
- Registered a career-long 79-yard pass vs. Oakland (11/18) on a reverse pass from WR Sidney Rice, which set a Vikings record as the longest catch by a tight end. 2006 (16/4, 1/0 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played in all 16 games, starting four and posted 12 catches for 81 yards.
- Caught a season-long 16-yard pass vs. Washington (10/8).
- Helped pave the way for Tiki Barber to set the Giants single-game record with 234 rushing yards at Washington (12/31).
2004 (16/7 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played in all 16 games with five starts, finishing with eight catches for 91 yards.
- Recorded a season-high three catches for 40 yards at Washington (12/24).
- Caught one pass for four yards vs. Carolina (1/8) in an NFC Wild Card playoff game.
2003 (16/7 – N.Y. Giants)
- Played in all 16 games with 7 starts, posting five catches for 25 yards and one touchdown.
- Caught a two-yard touchdown pass vs. Dallas (1/2).
- Played in all 16 games with seven starts, recording 10 receptions for 56 yards and two touchdowns.
- Made his first career start in the season opener vs. St. Louis (9/7).
- Posted his first career catch at New England (10/12).
- Caught his first career touchdown at New Orleans (12/14), finishing with three receptions for 19 yards.
- Registered three catches for 20 yards and a touchdown at Dallas (12/21).
- Amassed 52 catches for 1,001 yards and 11 touchdowns over his career at Morgan State.
- Finished second the team with 25 catches as a senior, recording a 20.4-yard average and five touchdowns.
- Played wide receiver, quarterback and tight end at Blair High (Laurel, Md.).
- Named to the all-county team.
- Majored in information technology at Morgan State.